Activity fails with the following error:
The snapshot creation has failed due to a hardware issue or a conflict with your disk hardware. Windows has reported the following error: 'The driver detected a controller error on Device <Device name>'.
This message appears in case of hardware problems with either the controller, cable or a device that is attached to the controller in question.
1) Check hardware for possible errors or damage: review Windows event logs as described in this article. Check hardware status and health using manufacturer's tools, if available.
2) Find the faulty disk using Acronis Disk Report (or a different utility for checking hard disk for errors).
Review Acronis Disk Report, as described below.
- Download and run the Acronis Report tool as Administrator (click here to download). See Acronis Disk Report for more information about the tool;
- Check if there are errors shown in the generated report.txt
The C column stands for Full partition check status:
C - means there are no errors
E - means that an error was found
W - means a warning
If Acronis Report shows E or W for the drive that you are trying to backup, or Windows Event logs show errors related to a certain disk/partition, then it is recommended to check the partition for errors and repair. You can Windows native Check Disk utility or diagnostic tools provided by your hardware manufacturer.
3) If errors and bad blocks remain after fixing the disk with Check Disk or hardware manufacturer's tools, consider replacing the faulty hardware.
If the disk shows no errors but the issue persist, please create a system report (see Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud: Collecting System Report, Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 and 12: Collecting System Information) of the affected machine and contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article.