When switching from trial to the full version, you only need to provide the serial number, no need to reinstall the product. All backups, syncs, and other settings will be kept.
If you have an account with active Acronis True Image Essential, Advanced or Premium subscription, you simply need to log in under your account and Acronis True Image 2020 will automatically switch from trial to full version if you have available seats or if you had previously activated an earlier version of Acronis True Image on this machine.
If you have a perpetual license or if your subscription license is not registered yet, then follow the steps below:
On a Windows computer
- Start Acronis True Image, and select Account on the sidebar;
- On the Account screen, click Enter serial number:
- Provide the serial number and click Activate:
- You will need to log in to your Acronis account to complete activation
If you have a box version of Acronis True Image, you can provide the activation code (16 digits) instead of the full serial number (64 digits). You will be prompted to log in to your Acronis account to register your copy of Acronis True Image or to create an account, if you don't have one yet. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Now you can use your Acronis True Image. On the Account tab, you can review license details, current build number, check for updates, and purchase additional licenses of Acronis True Image and/or move to a bigger Cloud Storage tier:
On a Mac
- Open Acronis True Image.
- On the menu bar, click Acronis True Image:
- Click Enter Serial Number:
- Insert the full serial number, and then click Activate:
Now you can use your Acronis True Image.