- You use Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 or Acronis Cyber Cloud
- You run a backup of a Microsoft SQL database
- Backup fails with the following error:
Problems detected that may cause a VSS snapshot failure. Trailing spaces in the path. To remove the trailing spaces, run the T-SQL command: ALTER DATABASE MODIFY FILE
Acronis Cyber Backup products check the database paths before backup to ensure snapshot consistency.
If the path to the database contains an extra space in the database path, the snapshot creation will fail.
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: this issue has been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: the issue will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.
Use the following workaround to fix the issue with database path:
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio (make sure that SSMS version matches the version of SQL instance running on the machine)
2. Run the following query to get the list of database names and locations:
SELECT * FROM sys.database_files
3. In the output, find the database that is mentioned in the warning
4. Run the following command to modify physical path to the file:
ALTER DATABASE <database name>
MODIFY FILE (NAME = '<logical name>', FILENAME='<path to file>');
<database name> is the name of the database that is mentioned in the error, no changes needed
<logical name> is the logical name of the file mentioned in the error, no changes needed
<path to file> is the full path to the file that is mentioned in the error, without double slashes or extra spaces at the end