How to troubleshoot the situation when Agent does not appear in Cyber Protection console after installation.
If you try to register a machine to Cyber Protection console as part of an installation, it is important to confirm if the Agent was actually installed on the machine that you want to add. Open running services on that machine and check if the following services are present and running:
- Acronis Managed Machine service
- Acronis Active Protection service
- Acronis Schedule2 Service
- Acronis Agent Core Service
If the services are not present, reattempt the installation.
If Agent is already installed on the client machine, try adding the machine to Cyber Protection console manually as described here
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: agent registration fails with "Outgoing connections are not available for the following ports: hostname:44445"
- Acronis Backup products: all or some VMware virtual machines do not appear in the console
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: cloned machine is not listed in Devices
- Acronis Cyber Cloud: Agent registration fails with "Client with same ID is already registered" and "Agent is already registered. Please, deregister Agent in Cyber Protection console"
- Acronis Backup: manual registration of backup agent fails with “Failed to encrypt data. The system cannot find the file specified”.
- Acronis Backup: Agent registration fails with error "Could not resolve host: localhost; nodename nor servname provided, or not known" on macOS
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Agent installation fails on registration step with "Error 0x26a001a: Random bytes generation failed"
- Acronis Backup: device does not appear in Cyber Protection console after installation
- Make sure that Acronis executables on the Agent machine are not blocked by antivirus or other security software: see this article for instructions
- Verify connection to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud servers using Connection Verification Tool: see this article for instructions. If there are any problems the tool will tell you which port to open.
- Try telnet from the machine in question from Agent to Cyber Protection console port received from Connection Verification tool (e.g. telnet us-cloud.acronis.com 7780). If connection cannot be established, check that the port in question is not blocked by firewall or other security software.
If the above steps do not help resolve the issue, collect System information from Agent machine as described in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: Collecting System Report when Agent is not installed and output of Connection Verification tool, and contact Acronis Customer Central: