- You scheduled the backup to run on 'On the system shutdown'
- Backup fails with the following message:
Backup scheduled on the system shutdown has failed.
Check the following system settings on the Agent machine to make sure that there are no factors preventing backup tasks from execution:
1) Open Windows Registry (press Win+R, type regedit and click OK to open) and check the following:
- Check value of PreshutdownOrder in registry
This key should contain AcrSch2Svc value, which is required for the correct work of Acronis scheduler, and this value should be the first in the list. If the value is not in the list, add it as the first item.
- Check the registry for the following keys:
If these keys exist, delete them.
- Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power --> set HiberbootEnabledBackup to 0, reboot the machine, make sure that the value is still set to 0 after the reboot, check if the issue reproduces.
2) Windows 8/10: Check if Fast Startup/Fast boot is enabled on the machine. When Fast Startup is enabled, the computer doesn’t perform a regular shut down, so the backup task will not be started. Disable Fast Startup and check if the issue reproduces:
- Press the Win + R to bring up the Run dialog, type powercfg.cpl and hit Enter. The Power Options window should appear.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do on the left side of the window.
- Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup box. (If these options are grayed out then you may need to click "Change settings that are currently unavailable")
If the issue persists when parameters are set as described above, collect the following information and contact Acronis Support:
1) Output of the registry keys from step 1 (take screenshots or export the keys)
2) System information from the affected machine