If you want your Windows machine to turn off automatically after completing the backup job, you can set up automatic shutdown using native Windows commands.
- In the backup plan, open Backup options -> Pre/Post commands,
- Enable the Execute a command after the backup switch.
- In Command field, specify the path to Windows Shutdown command: C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe
- In Arguments field, type: /s
- Save changes
- Shutdown will be executed with a 30 seconds delay after backup completion: such delay is usually sufficient for e-mail notification to be sent after backup (in case e-mail notifications are enabled).
If any other activities start after backup (replication, validation, clean up), they will fail if automatic shutdown is set up via post-backup command.