- You installed Acronis Backup 12.5 Update 4 (build 12730 or higher)
- When you try to open an encrypted backup on tape to browse files/folders, you are not prompted for a password,
- You receive the following error:
Password is required
Issue in the product.
The issue will be fixed in next updates of Acronis Backup. Until fix is available, you can use one of the following workarounds:
- Browse archives on disk level (or as entire machine)
- Select Recover -> Entire machine first, enter the encryption password when prompted, then allow the software to finish loading and close the window. Once it is closed, go back to Recover -> Files/folders. You should be able to successfully browse files/folders in the backup after this.