You back up Hyper-V virtual machines using Agent for Hyper-V. Agentless backup fails with error:
Disk '<...>.vhdx' is not found.
- Verify that virtual disk that is mentioned in the error message exists and was not renamed or moved.
- Verify that snapshot creation in Hyper-V works properly. Refer to Acronis Cyber Backup: Troubleshooting Hyper-V snapshot issues
If suggested steps did not resolve the issue and Hyper-V snapshots are created correctly, collect diagnostic information and contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article.
1) System information from the affected Agent for Hyper-V
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: see this article for instructions
- Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud: see this article for instructions
2) Logs with information about VM checkpoints operations and failures related to Hyper-V VMs snapshots/checkpoint creation failure.
On Hyper-V server, open Windows Event Viewer (press Win+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr.msc and hit OK). You need the following logs:
- Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Hyper-V worker -> Admin
- Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Hyper-V-VMMS > Admin + Operational
Right-click on the log and select Save all events as, and save the log as .evtx file