This article applies to:
- Oracle Linux Server 6.5 Kernel 3.8.13-44.1.3.el6uek.x86_64
- Oracle Linux Server 6.6 Kernel 3.8.13-44.1.3.el6uek.x86_64
- Oracle Linux Server 6.8 Kernel 3.8.13-118.14.2.el6uek.x86_64
Other kernel versions of Oracle Linux Server 6.x may be affected as well. The list above contains the kernel versions that produced the issue in Acronis test lab.
For other environments, see Acronis Backup, Acronis Backup Cloud: backup fails with "no disk space or quota"
Kernels specified above have issues with SMB client. As a result, backups to SMBv3 share may fail with No disk space or quota after 2 GB in saved value.
- As a workaround, use NFS share instead of SMB.
- Update the kernel to a more recent version. The issue is not reproduced on Oracle Linux 7.6 kernel 3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64.
- If the SMB share is located on a NAS, make sure it has the latest firmware installed.