- You create a backup task with encryption. Version 12 backup archive format is used.
- Backup fails with the following error:
PRNG not seeded
Alternatively, service_process.exe crashes
3. Alternatively, backup fails with:
The password for the protected backup is incorrect
AND in pcs log:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\pcs.0.log.gz
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
- macOS: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery/MMS/pcs.0.log.gz
you find this error:
TLS connect failed with error 'error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded'
Issue in the product.
Make sure that Server(LanmanServer) and Workstation(LanmanWorkstation) services are started:
- Hit Win+R and type services.msc. Click OK to open Services window
- Right-click Workstation service and select Properties. Select the Startup type - Automatic and click OK. Right-click Workstation service and select Restart.
- Right-click Server service and select Properties. Select the Startup type - Automatic and click OK. Right-click Server service and select Restart.