Backup fails with the following error:
Windows error: (0x80070522) A required privilege is not held by the client
This error message appears when Acronis Managed Machine service user is not assigned the proper rights. This error can happen if rights were not granted during installation or if the service user is changed after installation without granting the necessary rights.
Make sure that service user of Acronis Managed Machine service user has enough rights to perform backup activity.
Acronis Managed Machine Service user should be assigned the following privileges:
- Included in the Backup Operators and Administrators groups. On a Domain Controller, the user must be included in the group Domain Admins.
- Granted the Full Control permission on the folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Acronis (in Windows XP and Server 2003, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Acronis) and on its subfolders.
- Granted the Full Control permission on certain registry keys in the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis.
- Assigned these user rights:
- Log on as a service
- Adjust memory quotas for a process
- Replace a process level token
- Modify firmware environment values
If the granting the necessary rights did not resolve the issue, collect Acronis System information from Management Server and affected Agent machine and contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article.