This article provide troubleshooting steps for license assignment issues: in case license cannot be assigned to Acronis Agent or an assigned license was lost by Agent.
1. Make sure that you have sufficient number of licenses. Check how many licenses are registered under your Acronis Account. If you have subscription licenses, synchronize the console with Account using "Sync" button. If you use perpetual edition, add licenses as described in User Guide: see Managing Licenses
More information about licensing policy can be found in Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 licensing
2. Keep in mind the following limitations when assigning licenses:
- Acronis Cyber Backup (Advanced) Workstation license does not support backup of Microsoft applications(Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint or Active Directory) even if they are installed on a workstation OS. Backup of applications requires a Server license.
- Trial version of Acronis Cyber Backup includes features of Advanced version. If you had a trial version of Acronis Cyber Backup and then purchased non-Advanced licenses, make sure your backup plan does not include any features of Advanced version, such as a managed vault or centralized backup plan. Running such backup plan requires Acronis Cyber Backup Advanced license. See this article for more information about differences between Standard and Advanced versions.
- A hypervisor host server(VMware, Hyper-V, etc) with virtual machines requires an Acronis Cyber Backup (Advanced) Virtual Host license.
3. Check if license is assigned to the Agent:
- In Management Console, go to Devices view and select the necessary machine from the list
- Click Details in the menu on the right
- Check Assigned license field
4. To assign a license to the agent, do the following:
- In Management Console, go to Settings- > Licenses
- Select a type of license.
- The software displays the license keys that correspond to the selected license.
- Select the key and click Assign
- The software displays the machines that the selected key can be assigned to. Select the machine, and then click Done.
Troubleshooting steps depend on symptoms:
Agent loses assigned license
If you have a Hyper-V 2019 environment with Acronis Cyber Backup Agent for Hyper-V installed, check Agent for Hyper-V sporadically loses license on Hyper-V 2019
If a similar issue reproduces under different circumstances, collect System information from Management Server and the affected Agent machine and contact Acronis Customer Central.
Error message “Functionality '..' is not available. Please use the appropriate license.”
Issue in the product. It has been fixed in Update 4 of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 (Build 12730). Please update to the latest build.
If the issue appears after Update 4, collect System information from Management Server and the affected Agent machine and contact Acronis Customer Central.
"A license is required" error message when trying to create a backup plan.
This message means that the Agent that is selected for this backup plan does not have a license assigned. Please verify license assignment as described in Prerequisites section.
If you encounter any other license assignment related issue, please collect the following diagnostic information and contact Acronis Customer Central:
1) Screenshot of the error message,
2) System information from Management Server and the affected Agent machine