Backup in Version 12 format fails with following error message:
error 0x40011: The specified file does not exist
Acronis Backup Agent cannot access first slice in the current backup chain.
Possible causes are:
- the missing volume was deleted manually or by a deletion script
- the backup is located on storage that is not available at the scheduled backup time
1. Ensure that backup storage is accessible from affected Agent machine;
2. Check if the first slice of archive is available on storage.
E.g. a complete set of archive volumes looks like this
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0001.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0002.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0003.tibx ...
If the file [Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A.tibx is not present in backup location and you deleted or moved it, restore it back to the backup location.
If restore is not possible, re-create the first slice manually:
1. Create a new empty .txt file in the backup location
2. Change the name of this file to the name of the missing initial backup volume, e.g. [Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A.tibx
(!) This workaround only works for non-encrypted archives.
If you did not delete or misplace the first volume by yourself or solution does not help to resolve the issue, please proceed to "Collect information" step.
Collect Acronis system information from the affected agent machine and contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article:
- Acronis Backup 12.5 and 12: how to collect system information
- Acronis Backup Cloud: Collecting System Report