Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Server provides an easy way to deploy Agent for ESX/ESXi to every VMware ESX or ESXi server whose virtual machines you want to back up
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11639 or higher
Using Acronis Management Server of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition you can deploy Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi to every VMware ESX or ESXi server whose virtual machines you want to back up.
A virtual appliance with an Agent will be created on every ESX/ESXi server you specify and registered on the Acronis Management Server. Virtual machines, dynamically grouped by their hosts, will appear on the Acronis Management Server and you will be able to apply backup policies to the virtual machines or back up each machine individually.
If you are using VMware vSphere, please integrate the Acronis Management Server with your vCenter Server before starting the Agent deployment. You will not have to specify every host manually in this case. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: vCenter Integration.
(!) DHCP Server must be present within your network to accomplish automated deployment.
(!) As a best practice, please deploy the ESX/ESXi Appliance by connecting to vCenter Server. See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: vCenter Integration.
- Connect Acronis Management Console to Acronis Management Server;
- Right-click on a group with the same name as your vCenter in All Virtual Machines menu and select Deploy ESX agent:
- Type in the IP Address or name of the ESX host and access credentials, where you would like to deploy the virtual appliance:
- Provide a path to the Acronis License Server with a license for Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition by clicking Provide a license. Add another ESX host if necessary by clicking Add ESX host, to have the virtual appliance deployed to several hosts simultaneously:
- Clicking Deploy ESX agent will start the deployment:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi
- Updating Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi Virtual Appliance
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Support for VMware ESX/ESXi
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi (Virtual Appliance): Reducing Backup Time in VMware ESX Cluster Environment