- You have a backup plan with replication. Backup format is set to Automatic selection in Backup options.
- The resulting archive is in Version 11 format as the original archive was created by older product version
- After the archive is deleted in original location, replication fails with the following error:
Cannot use this type of backup archive.
After the archive was deleted from the original location, the new archive is created in Version 12 format (per Automatic selection of backup format). This error appears when Acronis Cyber Backup attempts to replicate archive in Version 12 format to a location containing archive in Version 11 format.
The original or replicated backup archive needs to be recreated in order to keep only one backup format.
Use one of the following workarounds:
1) Delete the Version 11 archive in secondary location or move the archive to a different location, so that new Version 12 archive will be placed there instead.
2) Select a new location for replication
3) Only for Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: If you want to keep using Version 11 format, delete Version 12 backup in original location, create a new backup plan and make sure to specify Version 11 archive format in Backup options of the plan. Backup archive name must be the same as the one previously used: set this in Backup Options > Backup file name. The software will continue to replicate Version 11 archive to the second location.