1. Backup to an archive of version 12 format fails with the following message:
The file is corrupted
2. You expand activity details and in the line "Failed to open archive" you see a file with .tibx extension, for example:
error 0x400355: Failed to open archive 'Acronisbackup.tibx'.
The error message indicates that the backup archive is corrupted.
1. Storage media corruption
2. Memory module corruption
3. Other issues requiring further investigation
- Test the memory on the Agent and on machine with Acronis Storage Node if it is used. See Testing Computer Memory. If memtest reveals any errors with RAM, the backup corruption is due to hardware problems and RAM should be replaced to solve the issue.
- If memtest did not reveal eny errors with RAM, reattempt the same backup to internal disk and check if the issue reproduces. If backup to internal drive is not corrupted, then the data gets corrupt during transfer to external location. Depending on the backup destination, the corruption may be caused by network problems, disk errors on destination, hardware problems with destination, obsolete drivers etc
- If the error reproduces whan saving backup to internal drive, then the issue requires investigation. Collect the diagnostic information described below and contact Acronis Customer Central
1. Validate the affected backup archive using Acronis command line utility and collect the log of the validation operation using --log parameter
Acronis Backup 12.5: see product documentation for instructions
Acronis Backup Cloud: see this article for instructions
3. If backup destination is Acronis Cloud Storage, also collect Acronis cloud certificate
Contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article.