This article illustrates how to install software using an MSI package post-deployment in Acronis Snap Deploy 5. Here we will transfer an MSI package to the target machine and install it by calling msiexec.exe
If the MSI package is already included in the master image, you only need to specify Applications to run parameters.
Place the MSI file on a network share that is accessible to the deployed machines.
Specify the following settings in Deployment Template:
1) Files to transfer
- File – provide the path to the MSI file on a network share
- Username/Password – specify credentials to access the share
- Destination – this will be the destination for the MSI file on the target (imaged) machine
2) Applications to run
- Application: full path to msiexec, C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe by default
- Parameters: specify the parameters for Windows Installer: /i "<location_of_the_msi_file>" /qn /norestart
where <location_of_the_msi_file> is the path to the transferred MSI file, e.g. /i "C:\PerfLogs\installer.msi" /qn /norestart