Reporting is a feature of Acronis Management Server
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation Build 11345 or higher
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition Build 11345 or higher
Reporting is a feature of Acronis Management Server.
Reporting provides the management server administrator with detailed and structured information on the enterprise data protection operations. Reports can be used as an instrument for analysis of the whole backup infrastructure within a corporate network.
The Acronis Management Server generates reports using statistics and logs which are collected from registered machines and are stored in the dedicated databases.
Reports are generated based on report templates. The templates define the information to be included in the report and the way the information is represented.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Management Server offers report templates for:
- Registered machines;
- Backup policies existing on the Acronis Management Server;
- Local and centralized backup plans existing on the registered machines;
- Local and centralized tasks existing on the registered machines;
- Archives and backups stored in the centralized managed vaults;
- Statistics about centralized managed vaults;
- Task activities history;
- Reports about machines, backup policies, backup plans, tasks, and archives and backups contain information as of the current time.
Reports about vaults' statistics and task activities are interval-based and provide historical information for the specified time interval that can last from days to years, depending on the amount of data kept in the databases.
To start generating a report, select a report template in the Reports view of Acronis Management Server, and then click Generate on the toolbar:
There are two types of report templates: customizable and predefined. In a customizable report template, you can specify which entries to include in the report, by using filters. A predefined report template is preset so that you can generate a report with one click.
The report will contain the information selected, grouped and sorted according to the template settings. The report appears in a separate interactive window that enables expanding and collapsing the tables. You can export the report to an XML file and open it later using Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access.