- "Clone Disk" feature of Acronis True Image 2019 is used.
- Before the cloning starts, source and destination disks are connected using different interfaces, for example, the source is an internal SATA disk and the destination is an external USB disk.
- The operating system is Windows XP, 7 or 8.
- You boot the clone system after the disk cloning finishes.
- There is no sound and/or USB devices do not work.
Known issue with the disk cloning tool in Acronis True Image, occurring sporadically.
Method 1. Re-install the drivers for non-working devices
Download the drivers for the devices that stopped working from the computer manufacturer's website and install them, reboot the computer.
Method 2. Use backup and recovery procedure instead of cloning
Rather than using "Clone disk" tool, use "Backup" feature to create a disk image with Windows, and the restore it to the destination drive. This will require a third disk for storing the backup image file.
It is recommended to use the latest build of Acronis True Image for cloning, as Acronis Development team continuously works on improving cloning functionality.