Note: if you are using ESXi 6.5, please use the following guide to update Acronis Virtual Appliances!
This document is composed by Acronis Disaster Recovery Service technical support and intended for Acronis Disaster Recovery Service customers who are using Acronis Backup Advanced 11.x transport. The document describes the update procedure for Acronis Agent for ESXi Virtual Appliance. The Virtual Appliance update should be performed by any Acronis Disaster Recovery user who protects their Virtual Machines on the hypervisor level. To update Acronis Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V please follow the Acronis Agents Manual Update Guide.
Automated update using Acronis Management Server
- Open Acronis Management Console and connect to Acronis Management server.
- On the Navigation pane, right-click Virtual Machines and choose Update Agent for VMWare:
- In the Update Agent for VMware dialog box mark all agents that need to be updated. Make sure that the current Version is 11.7.50214 or 11.7.50220 (or older builds: 11.7.50212, 11.7.44190). If your build differs from the list, please use another guide.
- Click Update Agent for VMware:
IMPORTANT: The number after Select the agents to update to version must be 11.7.50420. If you are seeing any other value in this field it means that not all of the components required for automated update were successfully deployed to your AMS in Cloud. In this case, please contact Acronis Disaster Recovery Support team using your DR console account.
- If prompted, specify credentials for the ESXi host there the Virtual Appliance resides and click OK. Required privileges.
- Сlick Update Agent for VMware to start update procedure.
Verifying the installation
- You can track the progress for each update task by clicking Current Activities at the bottom-right corner of Acronis Management Console main window.
- After the successful update Virtual Appliance will be restarted. It will be grayed-out as inaccessible under Machines with agents -> All machines with agents in Management console. This is normal behavior. It can take up to 15-20 minutes for the Appliance to restart and became available in Management Console once again.
NOTE: If after 20 minutes the appliance is still grayed out, close the Management Console and open it again. If Appliance does not come up, please contact Acronis Disaster Recovery Support team using your DR Console account.
- Once Virtual Appliance is restarted, you will be able to see its new version number in Management console. Version number must be 11.7.50420.
If you do not have the Installed agent version column in your management console, right-click the table header line and thenselect Installed agent version line in the drop-down menu: