What exactly happens when the problem arises.
1) You attempt to clone a disk on your Mac using a Fusion drive as a destination
2) Cloning fails with the following message:
Neither Core Storage nor APFS containers were found on the source disk
Your source drive has HFS/HFS+ file system. Fusion drives do not support HFS/HFS+ file systems
As a workaround, you can convert the disk from HFS/HFS+ to APFS without losing data using Mac’s Disk Utility tool.
Follow the steps below:
1) Before starting the conversion, it is recommended to make a backup of the disk that you plan to convert. Although the chance is small, data loss is possible if the process of conversion is interrupted for some reason. In case this happens you can always recover the backup.
2) Open the Disk Utility application.
3) Select the drive that you need to convert to APFS.Go to the Edit menu and click on the Convert to APFS option.
A pop-up message will ask you to confirm your choice. Click on the Convert button to initiate the process.
4) After the disk is converted to APFS, reattempt the cloning operation.