This article describes a feature of the Agent for VMware (both appliance and Windows agent) which allows you to check backup status of protected machines within vCenter.
To enable this feature:
1. Install Acronis Agent for VMware or deploy the Virtual Appliance.
2. Connect the Agent to vCenter and specify the account.
The account for connection to vCenter used by Acronis Backup agents for VMware must have the following privileges in vSphere:
- Global -> Manage Custom Attributes
- Global -> Set Custom Attributes
- Virtual Machine -> Configuration -> Set Annotations
3. The feature automatically sets annotations for Vms in vCenter to show their backup status.
4. The Backups status looks as on the example screenshot: