Backup fails with one of these errors:
Error 0x00040015: Network disconnected.
Windows error: (0x80070035) The network path was not found
Cannot connect to the machine where network share 'path' is located. The machine may be offline or is experiencing communication problems due to a network error or lock-up.
Acronis software cannot connect to the backup location.
- Make sure that the share was neither renamed nor removed. From the machine where Acronis Agent is installed, connect the backup location:
- using Windows Explorer, open the network share where you save backups
- using the ping command, check connectivity to the machine/device where you save backups:
ping <IP address>
If you cannot connect to this machine/storage, check whether the machine is up and running. Reboot if necessary.
If the machine/device responds to ping by IP, but doesn't respond to ping by hostname, there are DNS issues in the network.
- If you can connect to this machine/storage, check Windows event logs on the machine where Acronis Agent is installed and Windows event logs/system logs of the target machine/device at the time of the failure to find the root cause of the issue.
- If you are backing up to a NAS device, check logs on the device for errors.