The backup menu option "Delete", that has always existed in the program, removes a backup completely, with all of its versions.
Acronis True Image 2019 for Windows introduces a new option for you to have more control over local backups - "Clean up versions". This feature permits deleting just the selected backup versions and their dependencies on demand, without changing automatic cleanup rules and waiting until they are applied.
- In the Backup section, click the down arrow icon next to the backup to clean up, click Clean up versions...
- Clean up backup versions window opens
- By default, Acronis True Image 2019 selects to delete all version chains, except the last one.
- If you want to delete:
- All backup chains except for the last, then click Delete without modifying the selection.
- Specific backup versions, then clear the check boxes next to the versions that you want to keep, and then click Delete. Note that in this case dependent incremental and differential backup versions are marked for deletion as well.
If some of the backup versions are missing (e.g. .TIB files were deleted, renamed or moved in Windows Explorer), the program will detect it and offer to delete broken records and dependencies.
To learn about deleting backups from Acronis Cloud, check the product documentation here.