In some cases Acronis Managed Machine Service cannot stop in time and is killed and you receive the following error in logs:
Timeout period for Acronis MMS service is too short for the given environment and Acronis software usage.
Increase the timeout setting for acronis_mms to allow for correct service stop.
1) Сreate a folder /etc/systemd/system/acronis_mms.service.d
Example of command that can be used:
2) Сreate a text file acronis_mms.service.conf inside that folder
Example of command using the nano text editor:
3) Сopy the following two lines into the created text file. They will set the timeout period for stopping Acronis MMS service to 180 seconds
4) Save changes to the file.
Ctrl+O to save the file.
Ctrl+X to close editor.
5) Stop and then start Acronis MMS service by running these two commands in Terminal:
sudo service acronis_mms stop
sudo service acronis_mms start
Monitor the product behavior. If the issue persists you may need to increase timeout period further.
The default timeout settings for Acronis services that are set on a clean installation can be seen in .service files in the directory /etc/systemd/system. These .service files are plain text files and can be viewed in any text viewer/editor.
For example, the file /etc/systemd/system/acronis_mms.service contains the following line:
It is the default timeout and if service didn't stop in 1 minute after the stop signal was sent, it is terminated.
(!) It is recommended to customize Acronis service parameters through an additional .conf file and not directly in the .service file, because .service file gets overwritten with every update of Acronis software, resetting all settings to their defaults.
The same approach can be used for increasing timeout period for other Acronis services on Linux. You can find a full list of services in this article