- Installation of Acronis True Image on Windows 10 fails with the following error:
1% is not a valid Win32 application
- Installation log contains an error similar to the following one:
CustomAction MsiTibInstall_TibApiDll__I returned actual error code 1603
There are two possible causes:
- Not the latest installation file is used. There was a compatibility issue with Windows feature Hypervisor-protected code integrity (HVCI), which was resolved in build 14610. All newer builds should have this issue fixed.
- Installation file has not been downloaded correctly and is damaged.
- Download the latest version of Acronis True Image as explained in this article.
- Verify the integrity of the downloaded installation package by following instructions in this article.
- Launch the verified installer and install the software