You can create a rescue bootable media - a standalone version of Acronis True Image that you can use to boot a crashed machine or a machine without any operating system and restore an image of your system. Follow these instructions to create a bootable media.
For instructions on how to create Acronis Survival Kit, see this article
How to create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media on a Windows computer
1. In the Tools section, click Rescue Media Builder:
2. Choose a creation method:
Simple—This is the easiest option. Acronis True Image will choose the optimal media type for your computer. If you use Windows 7 or a later version, WinRE-based media will be created. For users of Windows XP, Acronis True Image checks if WAIK or WADK is installed on your computer, and if so, then WinPE-based media will be created. Otherwise, Acronis Media Builder will create a Linux-based media.
Advanced—This option allows you to choose a media type, therefore you can create the rescue media not only for your computer, but for a computer running a different Windows version.
How to create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media on a Mac
We strongly recommend creating a bootable media immediately after the first backup; if the operating system crashes, the only way to restore it from Acronis True Image 2019 backup is restoring from the bootable media.
The drive must have 4 GB (or more) of free space. For example, you can use an external hard drive or a USB flash drive. Note that CD and DVD media are not supported.
2. Open Acronis True Image 2019.
3. In the File menu, click Create Rescue Media. The Acronis Media Builder window opens.
4. Select the drive that you want to make bootable.
5. Click Create Media. If the drive is not empty, Acronis True Image 2019 will ask you to confirm deleting all the data stored on the drive. To confirm, click Erase.
6. When the progress is complete, disconnect the media and keep it in a safe place. You can store your own data on the media, but make sure that you do not delete or modify the Acronis boot files.
We recommend that you create a new rescue media every time you upgrade your Mac OS X to a newer version. Otherwise, your rescue media may not work properly.
If you have Acronis Disk Director 12.5, you can create a multi-product Linux-based bootable media with Acronis True Image 2019 if they are installed on the same Windows machine. Use the media builder provided with Acronis Disk Director to create this media.