The Elastic Search is the database of the Acronis Catalog service. This component indexes the backed up data and enables search throughout all backups in managed locations. The Data folder contains these indexes and its size depends on the amount of data you have saved to the managed vault.
This article describes how to change the default catalog database folder for Acronis Storage Node.
To specify a new location for the Elastic Search database:
- Open C:\Program Files\Acronis\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-2.4.0\config\elasticsearch.yml for editing.
- In the path.data parameter, remove the # sign and specify the new path. For example:
- Then stop the ElasticSearch service: Start -> in search, type services.msc and press Enter -> locate the ElasticSearch service and click Stop service.
- Move the folder with name “elasticsearch” from the default path (C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ElasticSearch\Data) to the new folder path that you specified in Step 2
- Then start the ElasticSearch service: Start -> in search, type services.msc and press Enter -> locate the ElasticSearch service and click Start service.