You try to access the backup console by entering the login page address into the web browser address bar or by clicking on Acronis Backup shortcut.
After you specify the required credentials, web browser does not connect to Management Console. Possible errors are:
- Message Data loading appears, and then login page is shown again
- Login fails with: The credentials are incorrect.
- Login fails with: Service is offline
- Blank screen instead of login
- Message Internal Server Error
- Message Connection to the back-end service is lost
|Acronis Backup 12.5 and 12: logging in to the backup console fails for a user without a password||The credentials are incorrect|
|Acronis Backup 12.5: Cannot log to backup console via user and password after "Sign in as current Windows user"||User name or password is incorrect|
|Acronis Backup 12.5: opening web console fails with "Bad gateway"||Bad gateway|
Check the following:
- On the machine where Acronis Management Server is installed check that Acronis services are running: see 60085: Acronis Backup 12.5: Windows services and processes If some service is not running, start it.
Check under which user the services are running. Change user if needed.
If a default user (AMS User, ASN user etc) is used for some services, and password for such user was changed, go to services.msc, open the properties of the service -> Log on tab and specify the new password.
If one or more Acronis services cannot be started, investigate the crash (collect crash dump, procmon and system information). If there is no crash, check the logs of the service for errors: see Acronis Backup 12.5 logs locations.
- Check that firewall is not blocking the connection: if possible, disable firewall temporarily and try to connect. Make sure the necessary ports are open: see 1711: Firewall settings for Acronis products This applies even in the case when Management Server is installed locally.
- Add Acronis processes to antivirus software whitelist: see Acronis Software: exclude program folders and executables from antivirus and other security programs
If possible, disable antivirus, restart Acronis Management Server service and Acronis Service Manager service and check connection.
- Check that supported web browser is used: see documentation for a list of supported browsers. Check if the issue reproduces when using a different browser.
- If the browser that is used for connection has any extensions/add-ons/plugins such as AdBlock, disable them and check if the issue reproduces. If connection works fine when extensions are disabled, enable them one by one to localize the conflict.
- If you are connecting using desktop shortcut, check its properties, whether the specified target address is correct - e.g it may link to a different management server.
- Install the latest product build. If the latest build is already used, repair the installation on the machine with Acronis Management Server.
- When specifying management server address try specifying machine name instead of IP address and vice versa. If you are trying to connect locally, change localhost to 127.0.0.1
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, collect the following information and contact Acronis Customer Central: