You can configure network settings (including static IP address) when deploying the appliance: see product documentation.
If Acronis Cyber Backup Appliance (All-In-One Appliance) is already deployed to an ESXi host and you want to configure a Static IP for the appliance, follow the steps below.
(!) If any Agents are registered on the Management Server inside this appliance, you will need to re-register them after assigning static IP. See Method 2 in this article for instructions on registering Agents using the new IP address.
1. Open All-In-One Appliance cockpit interface (http://IP:9090) and login as “root”:
2. Select Terminal in the menu on the left
3. Issue the following command:
This will display the list of the interfaces.
4. You need to modify the ifcfg-eth0 file in order to change the protocol from dhcp to static and to add the specific IP address.
Run the following command:
5. After the file is opened, change the following line :
6. Now you need to add the entries to set IP address, the netmask, gateway, and DNS addresses. At the bottom of that file, add the following lines (replace xx.xx.xx.xx by the appropriate addresses):
7. Press Ctrl+O to save changes to the file. Press Ctrl+X to exit the editor.
8. Run the following command to restart the network adapter:
systemctl restart network
9. Now you can launch the All-In-One Appliance Console on the static IP address that you configured (XX.XX.XX.XX:9877)
10. Re-register Agents, if needed.