1. Backup to Acronis Cloud fails.
2. When you click on X to check the error details, one of the following messages is displayed:
- The last backup has failed
The server rejected the renewed certificate
- Failed to renew certificate, reason is "certificate expired"
- Bad certificate request
The software was unable to update the file used as a key in secure communication with Acronis servers, called certificate file. Please note that this file and the error itself are completely unrelated to your subscription software license. The error does not represent any issue with the license.
1. Click on the Account tab in the software
2. Click on your email address in the upper part of the window
3. Select "Sign out" option
4. Close Acronis True Image window
5. Rename C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\OnlineBackup folder to OnlineBackup.bak. The folder C:\ProgramData is hidden by default. To be able to see it you need to enable displaying hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer's menu View - Hidden items, or through the Control Panel - Appearance and Personalization - Folder options - View - Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
6. Launch Acronis True Image
7. Sign into your Acronis account
8. Launch the backup task, see it now succeeds
9. If the issue persists, verify that there are no blocking rules for Acronis in your firewall software.
Follow the steps below to check Windows Firewall settings. If you have a third-party firewall running, consult its documentation on how to remove a block rule.
10. Make sure that Acronis servers are not blocked in the "hosts" configuration file
11. Verify the connection to Acronis servers as per https://kb.acronis.com/content/47145
If the checking tool displays any text in red color, it means the access to Acronis servers is still blocked in your environment. See what address and/or port are marked with red and make sure that other software, your router and Internet service provider are not blocking them.
If the verification tool does not produce any red-colored messages, proceed to the next step below.
If the issue persists, collect the following diagnostic information and contact Acronis Support:
- C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\OnlineBackup folder
- Output (text or screenshots) of the connection verification tool https://kb.acronis.com/content/47145,
- Wireshark log
- system report with debug logs