To disable Cyber Protection Monitor (Backup Monitor) on a single machine:
- Open Windows Registry Editor: click Start -> in Search, type regedit.exe and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Right-click MmsMonitor.exe and click Delete.
Run this command from Terminal to disable Backup Monitor using a special script that is installed along with the product:
sudo "/Library/Application Support/BackupClient/Acronis/tray_control.sh" disable
NOTICE! Running tray_control.sh" disable consequent number of times will produce error message “Unload failed: 5: Input/output error”. Error is expected and message will be improved in next agent versions.
To disable Cyber Protection Monitor (Backup Monitor) on all machines in a domain or an organizational unit, use Group Policy objects:
- Log on to the domain controller as a domain administrator; if the domain has more than one domain controller, log on to any of them as a domain administrator.
- If you are planning to deploy the agent in an organizational unit, ensure that the organizational unit exists in the domain. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In the Start menu, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers (in Windows Server 2003) or Group Policy Management (in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012).
- In Windows Server 2003:
- Right-click the name of the domain or organizational unit, and then click Properties. In the dialog box, click the Group Policy tab, and then click New.
In Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012:
- Right-click the name of the domain or organizational unit, and then click Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here.
- Name the new Group Policy object Delete Backup Monitor.
- Open the Delete Backup Monitor Group Policy object for editing, as follows:
- In Windows Server 2003, click the Group Policy object, and then click Edit.
- In Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012, under Group Policy Objects, right-click the Group Policy object, and then click Edit.
- In the Group Policy object editor snap-in, expand Computer Configuration.
- Expand Preferences -> Windows Settings.
- Right-click Registry, then point to New, and then click Registry Item.
- In Action, select Delete.
- In the Hive field, insert HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- In the Key Path, click on the button with 3 dots and browse to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MmsMonitor.exe in the registry structure
- In the Value type, insert REG_SZ
- In the Value data, insert C:\Program Files\BackupClient\TrayMonitor\MmsMonitor.exe
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.