How to troubleshoot issues with adding Agent to Management Server in on-premise installation.
Make sure that you have followed steps described in User’s Guide correctly: see product documentation.
If you try to add a Machine to the Acronis Management Server as part of an installation, it important to confirm if the Agent was actually installed on the machine that you want to add. Open running services on that machine and check if Acronis Managed Machine service and Acronis Remote Agent service are present and running.
Make sure the following requirements are met:
- All necessary services are running on Acronis Management Server and services are running under the correct user
- Acronis Backup 12.5: Windows services and processes
- Acronis Backup 12.5: Linux components, services, and processes
If some service is not running, start it. Check under which account the services are running. If the account used by the service on the machine does not match the account specified in the article, change the account used by the service: right-click on the service, select Properties -> Log on and specify the necessary account
On the Agent machine, check that Acronis Managed Machine service and Acronis Remote Agent service are present and running. Make sure the Remote Agent Service is running under Local system account.
- Make sure all the necessary ports are open and not blocked by firewall or other security software.See Firewall settings for Acronis products
If Agent is already installed on the client machine, try adding the machine to Management Server manually as described here
- If you have tried to add the machine via Add button of Management Server, then go to Overview -> Activities, find the log of the operation, and check details of the operation (double-click on the activity or click Show Details). Check activity details to see if that will give you more information for finding the cause of the issue.
- Check that Agent and Management Server have the same product build. You can find the Agent build in the following locations:
- Windows: C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery_version.txt
- Linux: /var/lib/Acronis/BackupAndRecovery_version.txt
If the above steps do not help resolve the issue, collect the following information and contact Acronis Customer Central:
- If you are adding a remote machine, collect PCAP log on the machine with Agent while reproducing the issue. See Collecting PCAP Logs with Wireshark or tcpdump for instructions
- If the Agent is installed on the same machine where Acronis Management Server is installed, download Process Monitor and collect Process Monitor log while reproducing the issue. See Collecting Process Monitor Log for instructions.
- Collect System information from Agent and Management Server as described in Acronis Backup 12.5 and 12: how to collect system information