This article applies only to Acronis True Image 2018, builds 9207 to 10410 included.
If you have Acronis True Image 2018 build 10640 or any newer version of Acronis True Image, this article does not apply.
This article applies to the following scenarios. You may see just one of them or both.
Scenario A. Successful license activation status changes to "Activation required".
1. Acronis True Image 2018 license was successfully activated using the "offline" activation method because the computer was not connected to the Internet.
2. Once the Internet connection appears, of any type, the license activation status changes to "Activation required", an error is shown under "Account" tab of the program.
Scenario B. A permanent "Activation required" status, if the computer is connected to the Internet through a proxy.
1. Computer is connected to the internet through a proxy. If you are not sure whether you are behind a proxy, check here.
2. "Activation required" status is shown under the Account tab of Acronis True Image 2018. "Days remaining" shows 30 days or less.
3. You open the offline license activation window, copy the installation code, paste it into the corresponding field at https://www.acronis.com/activation/, receive the activation code from the web page and paste it into "Activation code" field in Acronis True Image. You may be using .lic files to transfer the codes rather than copying and pasting the codes through Windows Clipboard.
4. The license activation window accepts the codes and closes, but the status "Activation required" remains on the screen. "Days remaining" sets to 30.
Known issue in the software.
The issue has been fixed in build 10640, please update to the latest build. Download the build from https://account.acronis.com and install it as described in https://kb.acronis.com/content/60567, section "Downloading the latest build manually".