The document describes manual update for Acronis Storage v. 2.x and all the additional components to the latest available update of Acronis Storage 2.4 and how to update Acronis Software-Defined Infrastructure 2.5 to later updates.
Acronis Software-Defined Infrastructure is equipped with automated update capability available in Web Control Panel under Settings -> Updates:
Once there is an update available for all or some nodes (you can see the Update available status it in the Status column), the Update now button becomes clickable and you can start update.
Nevertheless, under certain circumstances manual update still could be required as a troubleshooting measure or because it is giving clarity and control over the process.
Prepare for update
Important considerations to keep in mind before the update:
- You should have root privileges on each node to perform the update.
- Reboot will be required during the update.
- Internet connection on each node is required to perform the update.
- Node with the management role should be updated last.
Repeat the steps below for each node in your Acronis Software-Defined Infrastructure cluster. The management node should be updated last.
- Log in to the node under root account using any SSH client (e.g. PuTTY).
- Check internet connectivity on the node by pinging any external resource (e.g. ping 126.96.36.199).
- Check the currently installed Acronis Software-Defined Infrastructure package versions with:
rpm -qa | grep vstorage
- Run the following commands:
yum clean all
These commands clean yum cache and download fresh metadata from the repository.
- Run the following command:
yum update -y
Wait until the update is completed. Carefully observe the output for any errors during the update.Take a screenshot of the error message or copy the text of the output and contact Acronis support team in case of any doubts.
- Repeat the rpm -qa | grep vstorage command and verify that the packages are actually updated.
- Reboot the node.
- Open WebCP and check if this node came back online with no issues.
If you see the node is still offline after about 5-10 minutes, please hold with remaining nodes update and contact Acronis support team.
- Once the node comes back online and shows the Healthy status, proceed to the next node.
In case of any issues observed during or after the update please contact Acronis support team with the details of the issue.