In Acronis True Image, you have a backup task of your computer of some files. The backup should be saved on a NAS device or in a shared folder on another computer.
You try to start the backup task, but it does not start. Or the backup task pauses or fails. You see this error message:
Ensure that folder <folder_path> is accessible.
The software cannot connect to the folder on your NAS or another computer. The name of the folder is mentioned in the error message.
To resolve the issue, do the following:
- Make sure that you can open this folder in Windows Explorer (or in Finder on a Mac). Click My Computer or Windows Explorer. Select the share or type its address. If it does not open (you cannot see the files stored in the folder and get an error message), you need to find out why Windows/macOS cannot connect to the network share. Once the share is detected by Windows/macOS, Acronis True Image will detect it as well.
- Double-check the credentials and make sure that you can access the shared folder with these credentials.
If you have checked all the solutions above and the issue still persists, please contact Acronis Customer Central. We will assist you with this issue.
To successfully troubleshoot the issue, we need to check some information. Please have this information on hand:
- Acronis system information
- screenshot of Windows Explorer (or Finder on a Mac) with the destination folder opened
- screenshot of Acronis True Image window with the error message