Your Acronis agent build is 4290+; either you have just updated from the previous build or made a fresh installation.
Backup fails when the retention rules are applied with the following error message.
Internal error in library. The linked position is unknown.
But a new recovery point is still created.
This is a known issue in the builds 4290-4496.
Issue is fixed in the build number 4500.
Please download the latest build to the affected machines:
- Open the backup management console.
- Navigate to Devices -> All devices.
- Click Add.
- Select the suitable installation package.
- Download the package and run it on the affected machine.
- Click "Update"
Alternatively, use the update button in the Backup Console (this feature is not available for all DCs at the moment)
If you have the build 4500 or newer, but the issue still occurs, please collect the following information and contact Acronis support. This information helps us to investigate the issue:
1. Enable the debug logging on the affected machine. See here how to enable debug logs.
2. Run the backup and wait until the issue reproduces. The extended logs will capture the necessary diagnostic information.
3. Gather the certificate from the customer's machine. See here.
4. Gather the system report or let the Acronis Support team know the login name of the affected user, so we could gather it ourselves. This article describes how to connect the system report.