You have an Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Advanced for Virtual Host license and want to back up Citrix XenServer, Red Hat Virtualization (RHV/RHEV), Nutanix AHV, KVM, Oracle virtual machines or virtual machines on a free ESX(i).
These virtual machines can be backed up by Acronis Agents installed into guest operating systems of them.
Each Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Advanced for Virtual Host license can be used to back up all machines on 1 host. This article explains how to assign the license.
- Open Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 web console.
- Navigate to Settings -> Licenses.
- Click Add keys. Enter the license keys. Click Add.
- Select the key to assign.
- Click Assign.
- The software displays the machines that the selected key can be assigned to. In this list select Virtual Host (Free ESXi):
- Click Done.
Now you can install Acronis Agent into the guest operating systems of virtual machines. During backup, the license will be checked automatically.