On the machine with Acronis Storage Node, you observe that space on C:\ is quickly filling up.
You note that C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ElasticSearch\Data occupies multiple GB.
The Elastic Search is the database of the Acronis Catalog service. This component indexes the backed up data and enables search throughout all backups in managed locations. The Data folder contains these indexes and its size depends on the amount of data you have saved to the managed vault and on the number of files inside the backup.
You can specify another location for the Data folder or uninstall Acronis Catalog service.
To specify a new location for the Elastic Search database:
- Open C:\Program Files\Acronis\ElasticSearch\elasticsearch-2.4.0\config\elasticsearch.yml for editing.
- In the path.data parameter, remove the # sign and specify the new path on the same machine. For example:
- Then stop the ElasticSearch service: Start -> in search, type services.msc and press Enter -> locate the ElasticSearch service and click Stop service.
- Move the folder with name “elasticsearch” from the default path (C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ElasticSearch\Data) to the new folder path that you specified in Step 2
- Then start the ElasticSearch service: Start -> in search, type services.msc and press Enter -> locate the ElasticSearch service and click Start service.
- After all content of "elasticsearch" is copied to new location, you can delete the folder C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ElasticSearch\Data to free up space
To uninstall Acronis Catalog:
- Run the installation file of Acronis Backup 12.5.
- Select Modify the current installation.
- Uncheck Acronis Catalog. Leave other installed components selected; otherwise, they will be uninstalled as well.
- Click Modify.
Please note that you will not be able to search through the data in the backups after uninstalling Acronis Catalog.