In this tutorial, we explain how to back up a PC and mobile device to a NAS using Acronis True Image 2018. We will also show how to restore your PC from backup if it becomes unbootable. For more information, please refer to the Acronis website.
Back up your PC to NAS
Install Acronis True Image 2018 to your PC. https://go.acronis.com/2018
Back up your PC
- Run Acronis True Image 2018.
- Navigate to Backups.
- Click the + sign to create a new backup.
- Click Entire PC to select specific disks, partitions, files or folders for backup.
- Click Select destination:
- Select Browse:
- Click the + sign next to Network to find your NAS, and then click the + sign next to your NAS to see its shared folders. Select the folder that you want to use as your backup destination and click Ok.
- Enter the username and password of your NAS account:
Specify the user name in Domain.loca\username format and not as firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Incremental backup” is selected as the default backup scheme. This approach creates a full backup after every five incremental backups. Under Options you can configure your backup, such as setting the schedule, choosing a backup scheme, selecting notifications and other advanced settings.
- Click Back up now to start.
Create a rescue media
- Run Acronis True Image.
- Navigate to Tools.
- Click Rescue Media Builder:
- Click Simple and follow the on-screen instructions to create boot media that will allow you to restore your computer if it becomes unbootable.
- Run Acronis True Image.
- Select the backup you want to recover files from.
- Click Recovery and select the file you want to restore. If you have multiple versions of your backup, you can choose the one you want from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner. Click Next.
- The data will be restored to its original location by default. You can change the recovery destination by clicking Browse and finding the location you want. (Other advanced settings can be configured in Recovery options as well.)
- Click Recover now:
Recover your PC with rescue media
If your computer becomes unbootable, use the rescue media created with Acronis True Image 2018 to boot your computer. (You’ll need to make your rescue media the first boot device in your system’s BIOS.)
- Connect the rescue media to your computer.
- Start the computer.
- When the boot menu appears, choose Acronis True Image 2018.
- Select Recover:
- Then select Browse for backup:
- Click My NAS connections and find the desired backup file. Click OK.
- Right click on the backup file, select Recover and follow the on-screen instructions:
Back up your mobile device to NAS
Download and install the Acronis Mobile app from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (iOS device). Available for QNAP and Synology NAS.
Install Acronis True Image application from the App Center of your NAS.
Make sure that both your NAS and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Back up your mobile device
- Open Acronis Mobile on your mobile device.
- Select Backup to computer or NAS:
- Tap on Scan QR code to scan the QR code displayed in the NAS application interface. This will pair the mobile device with your NAS.
- After successfully pairing the devices, you can start backing up your mobile device to NAS via the Wi-Fi network.
Your backup files can be viewed and recovered via the Acronis Mobile interface. Simply tap on Access and Recovery to browse your files:
You can also browse and recover the data from your NAS.