You are performing an agent-less backup of a VM located on MS Hyper-V server.
Backup fails with the following error message:
| error 0x728012: Failed to prepare for backup.
| line: 0x28314c961de7d52e
| function: MigrationManagement::MigrationManagerImpl::Backup
| $module: disk_bundle_vsa64_3917
| error 0x530001: Failed to obtain an instance of service class 'Msvm_VirtualSystemManagementService'.
| line: 0xba3fdb9882f2337c
| function: VirtualWareRaw::HyperVClientImpl::GetVirtualService
| $module: hv_srv_vsa64_3917
Acronis Managed Machine Service user lacks necessary rights to perform backup.
Add Acronis Managed Machine Service user to the local Administrators group and restart the service.
- Click Start. In search, type compmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Select Local Users and Groups -> Groups.
- Right-click Administrators and select Properties.
- Click Add.
- Type in the user name and click Check Names.
- Select the user and click OK. Save changes.