Backup to Acronis Cloud fails with the error "Cannot open the encrypted stream":
The symptom may have different root causes. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below to localize the issue and fix it.
- Check if the problem is with a specific backup task or affects all backup tasks. For that, create a new backup task, select the same backup source as in the failing backup task, choose Acronis Cloud as destination, enable encryption, and run the backup. If it works, you can temporarily use that new task until the issue with the original task is resolved.
- If the new backup ends in the same error, check the connectivity to Acronis servers as described here.
- If the Acronis Cloud Connection verification tool does not find any problems (all results are in green), the problem could be with the cache files stored locally on your computer. To check that, please switch to the Account tab in Acronis True Image window, click on your email address and select "Sign out". Close Acronis True Image window, open it again, sign in back, create a new backup task to Cloud and see if it works
- If the problem persists, try clean installation of Acronis True Image installation as explained in this article.
- If nothing helps, and in order to let us investigate the problem with the original backup task, collect the following diagnostic information and contact Acronis Support Team for further assistance:
- Screenshot of the error message
- Whether the error message remained "Cannot open the encrypted stream" after following the above listed troubleshooting steps. If not, please take screenshots of the other errors as well.
- Output of Acronis Cloud Connection Verification Tool
- PCAP log, gathered as per https://kb.acronis.com/content/1763
- A system report with enabled debug logging for TrueImageHomeService.exe as per https://kb.acronis.com/content/58243. Enable the extra logging in the configuration file TrueImageHomeService.config in p.4 of https://kb.acronis.com/content/58243.
- Compressed folder C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\OnlineBackup