When the Acronis Active Protection service is on, it monitors the processes running on your computer by using the real-time mode. When it detects a third-party process that tries to encrypt your files, the service informs you about it and asks if you want to allow the process to modify your files or block the process.
Acronis Active Protection has the following settings:
- Automatically recover files after blocking a process—When you block a process, there is still possibility that your files were modified. If this check box is selected, Acronis True Image 2018 recovers the files from their temporary copies or your backups, after blocking a process.
- Protect all Acronis True Image files from ransomware—Acronis True Image 2018 will protect its own processes, and your backups and archives, from ransomware or from accidential deletion.
- Ask to move potential threats to quarantine (experimental)—The suspicious process is placed to a dedicated folder.
To enable or disable these settings:
- Navigate to Active Protection:
- Click Active Protection settings:
- Check or clear corresponding check boxes: