Cloud storage is available in Advanced and Premium subscriptions of Acronis True Image 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018.
Acronis True Image Essential does not include any cloud storage. To add cloud storage, upgrade to Acronis True Image Advanced or Premium.
With Acronis True Image Advanced, you can get 500GB Cloud subscription. If you need more than 500GB, upgrade to Acronis True Image Premium.
For Acronis True Image Premium users, cloud storage is available in multiple quotas. Acronis True Image Premium has these cloud storage quotas:
You can increase your cloud storage to any of these quotas. If you need more than 5TB of cloud storage, consider purchasing Acronis Backup with Acronis Cloud Storage add-on.
To purchase cloud storage or increase the cloud storage size, use the product's build-in store:
- Open Acronis True Image.
- Navigate to the Account tab:
- Click Upgrade.
- In Upgrade to, select the number of computers you protect. You can either keep the number of computers your current license allows protecting, or you can upgrade to a larger pack.
For example, you have Acronis True Image Advanced for 1 computer with 500GB of cloud storage. You want to protect 3 computers instead of 1. In Upgrade to select 3 computers.
- Select how much storage you want to have in Acronis Cloud.
For example, you have Acronis True Image Premium for 3 computer with 1TB of cloud storage. You realize, that you need 4TB of cloud storage. In Upgrade to select 3 computers (current number). In Cloud storage of the Premium subscription, select 4TB:
- The price depends on how much storage you already have and how much you have selected to upgrade to. The built-in store calculates the price for your combination of licenses.
- Click Upgrade now. You will be redirected to shopping cart to confirm your purchase.
- After you have purchased the new subscription, open your Acronis account: https://account.acronis.com
- Depending on the subscription you had and the new subscription you purchased, either the new subscription will take over the old subscription or you will need to resolve the conflict manually. In the latter case, you will see the the "You have 1 conflicting subscription" message. Click Resolve conflict:
- Select Upgrade the current subscription to <resulting subscription> and click Resolve: