Shut down the appliance, unmount all volumes of guest systems, uninstall the appliance and then install the one from the new build
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
You need to uninstall the Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi Virtual Appliance before installing the one from the new build.
- Shut down the Appliance;
- Right click on the Appliance or go to the Summary tab and choose Edit settings;
- Make sure there are only 4 hard disks on the Appliance;
If there are more than 4 hard disks it means that some of the volumes of your guest systems are not unmounted from the virtual Appliance. You need to unmount them in this case:
- check the size of the disk, if it is 5 GB or 1 MB, then it is a native disk of the Appliance;
- if the size is different from 5 GB or 1 MB, please select this disk and click Remove, then choose the option Remove from virtual machine;
- be sure not to choose the second option - Remove from virtual machine and delete files from disk, - because if you do, the disk will be removed not only from the Appliance but from the source virtual machine as well.
- After you remove all the unmounted disks, please delete the Appliance and install it back from the installation package of the new build;
- Redeploy the backup policy or recreate the backup tasks.
See also Installation of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for ESX/ESXi.