Acronis Snap Deploy 5 build 1749 and earlier (Windows)
If you are downloading the latest update for the products listed in the "Applies to" section using a public Internet connection, such as in airports or Internet cafés, potential cybercriminals could intercept the connection to Acronis servers and compromize the direct in-product update feature.
The issue has been originally reported and documented in the CERT.ORG database http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/489392 for Acronis True Image product. Register No: VU#489392. The issue has been already fixed for Acronis True Image, Acronis Backup 12.5 (build 7641), and Acronis Backup 11.7 (build 50073)
Downloading and installing updates from Acronis account page https://account.acronis.com/ is not affected by the issue.
The fix will be included with the nearest updates for the products, listed in the "Applies to" section.
When the fix becomes available, install the update using either of these methods:
1) use the automatic or remote update at home or at work, but not on a public Internet connection
2) download and install the latest update from your Acronis account https://account.acronis.com/. This can be done from anywhere, including public Internet spots.
After you have installed the new build, the automatic update feature is completely protected from potential cyberthreats in public Internet spots. Until then, we do not recommend using the automatic update feature via a public Internet connection.
Note for Windows XP users: if Windows updates are not installing automatically on your computer, please install the following updates from the Windows Update website:
- Security Update for Windows XP KB2868626. Detailed description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2868626
- Security Update for Windows XP KB2876217. Detailed description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2876217
- Security Update for Windows XP KB2893294. Detailed description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2893294