1. Backup to Acronis Cloud using Acronis True Image fails. The present instructions apply only if the backup goes to Acronis Cloud. If the backup is saved elsewhere (NAS, external USB disk, internal disk, FTP server etc), use KB49502 instead.
2. When you click on the red X or || icon to see details, the message contains one of the following:
- Remote server returned error ...
- Write error
- Error occurred while writing the file
- FES request failed
- Failed to lock the file
Reattempt the backup in a few minutes. If it still fails, proceed with the instructions below.
1. Collect debug logs of operations with Acronis Cloud as explained here.
2. Compress the folder "OnlineBackup" in zip or any other format:
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/TrueImageHome/OnlineBackup
3. Compress the folder "Scripts" in zip or any other format:
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Acronis/TrueImage/Scripts
3. Contact Acronis Customer Central with the screenshot of the error message, system report and compressed OnlineBackup and Scripts folders.
If the backup fails with one of the following errors:
- Your subscription has expired
- You have entered an incorrect email or password
- Acronis Cloud is full
- Bad certificate request
- Failed to create the certificate
- Failed to renew certificate
- SSL connection to … has failed
- Failed to connect to ...
- No Internet connection
- The backup to Acronis Cloud cannot be started. Check your Internet connection
- Network disconnected
- Network disconnected by timeout
- The specified file does not exist
Then please follow KB instructions at https://kb.acronis.com/content/61927