You can transfer your existing Acronis True Image license to a new computer, if the previously used computer becomes retired and is no longer used. In other cases, a new Acronis license must be bought for the new computer.
- Uninstall Acronis True Image from the computer that will be no longer used.
- Download and install Acronis True Image on the new computer.
- Log in to your Acronis account to activate Acronis True Image on the new computer:
- If your serial number is already registered in the same Acronis account (the most common scenario), the software will detect the license automatically. If the serial number is not registered yet, click Enter serial number and manually specify your serial number.
- Click on the Account tab to check the license activation status. Unless you have a license pack (3 or 5 computers) with licenses that have never been used yet, you will see a message "You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number". The message tells that the license should be reactivated on that new computer, which is a standard procedure. The displayed message does not mean any problem with the license - it remains valid and fully usable - just needing re-activation on the new computer (see below).
- Click the button Resolve problem and follow on-screen instructions, completing the transfer:
- For details on the steps offered by the license re-activation wizard, see this step-by-step guide.