This article is intended for Acronit Disaster Recovery Service Customers and describes the procedure for setting up a VPN connection to Customer's environment in Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud. The article contains a detailed description and could be used both as a reference for IT personnel and as a step-by-step guide for end-users in case of DR event.
To set up a VPN connection to your environment in Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud the following information should be obtained from your IT personnel or Acronis Support:
- Public IP address of your VPN server in Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud
- Preshared key for VPN connection
As workaround for this limitation, establish connection from outside of the office network or disable site-to-site VPN for the time of testing.
For possible ways to overcome this limitation, please contact Acronis Technical Support
Instructions in this article are given for Windows 10 operating system. The interface may vary depending on the operating system.
To set up a VPN connection follow the steps below:
- Open Network and Sharing center:
Right-click the Start button and choose Control Panel from the menu.
In Control Panel, click Network and Internet.
Click Network and Sharing center.
- RIght-click the network connection icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click Acronis_VPN:
- Click Acronis_VPN, and then click Connect:
- Enter the same username and password you always use to log in to your office workstation and click OK: