To restore from DVD, do the following:
- Boot the machine with Acronis bootable media. Refer to this article, if you need help with creating a bootable media.
- Click Recovery.
- Select the location of the backup: expand the <Machine name> group, then select the required drive.
If the archive is stored on optical media such as CD, DVD, first insert the last disc.
- Select destination for recovery.
- Optionally, adjust other options.
- Click Recover.
- Insert the discs in order starting from the first one when the program prompts, and then click Retry:
- Transferring a Windows system between UEFI and BIOS is not supported if a backup is stored on optical discs (CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs).
- Conversion of a backup from the following locations is not available: CD, DVD, Blu-Ray Discs, tape devices and Acronis Cloud Storage.
- Mounting is not available if the archive is stored on optical media such as CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Discs (BD).
- Conversion a backup to full is not allowed for the following backups CD/DVD.